Christmas and New Years 2013 - AUSTRALIA (Sydney)

Suggest and organize trips in China and Asia
Regular Kiter

Christmas and New Years 2013 - AUSTRALIA (Sydney)

Postby Andrew » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 am

Hi guys,

For christmas and new years this year I will be returning to my home town Sydney for the Australian summer vacation time, one week at the end of December (christmas) and one year at the beginning of January (New Years). If you haven't been to australia before, I highly recommend it!

There is sunshine, very little rain and daily sea breezes. MY recommended places for kiting are Sydney (where I will be) and Perth (where the sharks will be). Both these places have sea breezes (15knots +) almost every day. There are many other places to try, so if you are interested in heading down under let me know and we can arrange some trips.

For this period I will be based in Sydney and making small road trips to kite from there, I know some other Shanghai kiters are heading to other places, and we are already planning to meet up.

One thing to note that apart from flights, the expensive part of this trip is accomodation. IT will be the summer vacation time in Australia and all the locals will be heading to the beach. Everything gets booked out early so you need to plan ahead. If you are on a budget, let me know and we can work out the best schedule to get the most value for your trip!!

I can give you some suggestions for seeing kangaroos, koalas, and bridges as well if you are interested.

Post below or PM me and I'll give you more info. I know two guys from Shanghai are already booked and there are some more that are interested!

Re: Christmas and New Years 2013 - AUSTRALIA (Sydney)

Postby Sebastian » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 pm

I'll be in and around Perth from 1st January to the 12th. Just in case you don't mind the sharks we could meet for a session. As long as you don't drop the kite it should be fine.

Regular Kiter

Re: Christmas and New Years 2013 - AUSTRALIA (Sydney)

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:08 am

I've booked my flights and will be in or around Sydney from 19 Dec - 7 Jan.

My normal spot there is Dolls Point. There are big discounts if you book PVG - SYD through Qantas.com at the moment, I got my ticket for 5500 RMB.

Return to Trip in China and Abroad