Community Website

Discussion of nothing and everything, all about kite
Site Admin

Community Website

Postby Damien » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Finally! We got some platform to our growing kiter community here in Shanghai !

We have been using mails listing which was good up to now, but it won't replace a forum where the information are basically more accessible, especially over time.

The goal of this website is to be Open and Collaborative, if you want to add pages, modify them, add comment, etc just let me know, I'll add you the right so you can contribute.

An other aspect is to link the Chinese Kiter community to the Foreigner. Now the website is in English but it should be fully available in Chinese and English soon.

Let's make this sport grow and known here in Shanghai !

Regular Kiter

Re: Community Website

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice work Damien!

Which kind of material ?

Postby guilkevin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Dear guys,

I'm kevin, french guy from Brittany living in shanghai since 2008.
I would like to practice kite surfing in China. I'm independent. I have my material in France but I want to buy a second set for china.
What do you suggest me to buy ? I would like to buy Hybrid 5 lines kite but which size is the best to practice near shanghai?
Same question about board ?
For your info, I'm 1,85m tall and 73Kg.
I found this factory that can provide me full hybrid kite (the size I want) for 840$ all included (lines, pump...) : http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/11555 ... _Kite.html
do you have any plan for boards ?

What do you think ?

Waiting your help and feed backs. I hope I will be able to ride with you one day.
Please add me in the mailing list.
best
kevin

Site Admin

Postby Damien » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Hello,

Welcome around there!

For shanghai you should definitely go for some large size kite with at least one kite from 12 to 14m since the wind is usually quite low. Hybrid would be good as it has larger projected area, 12 might be good.

Concerning the factory, it depends, you might get good deal but the risk is also pretty high. Personally I would think twice and it might be a good idea to stick to some well known brand if you want a kite you are sure will work well. Also the price is not cheap, 840$ is almost the same as good kite brands so probably not worthy.

There is several shop in China and I personally have two hybrid fone bandit one I might consider to sell. Andrew on this forum might also have some good deals to propose you.

For the board with your weight I would go for something about 135, it will help in low wind condition.

Andrew is motivated as I am to spread this sport in shanghai, I hope soon we will have more kiter. We could organize some weekend trip to some beach since autumn wind should be good

Postby guilkevin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Thank you Damien,

Let's go for a Hybrid 12m :)
Let me know if you have a good deal for me, I will also check at second hand website in France...

What brand/kind of board do you suggest me ?
Let me know next time you go. i would like to see the spot.
FYI, I have my chinese driving licence so I can drive (I have no car)

Thank you

Site Admin

Postby Damien » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 pm

We will go as soon as we got some wind. We were some guys at boracay for the holidays and coming back soon.

For the brands, that depends everyone's taste and local availability. On hybrid, fone bandit are quite good.

What were you riding before ? the best for you would be to try to see how comfortable you are.

I got a car and some other guys too. We usually organize ourselves to share the cars.

To join the mail list just send an email to the address on the website mailing page.

Postby guilkevin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello,

I have a naish 12m - Shape C in France and a 7M Best

Do you know this website ? http://www.antig99.com/index.html

You can print your own design on your kite board.

I asked for the price

best regards

Site Admin

Postby Damien » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 pm

yes I've seen that website before, the boards today pack a lot of technologies and how know, several people says the board is actually more important than the kite itself. Again depends what you want.

price is around 350$ / board if i remember

Return to 杂谈 - General