Introduce Yourself

Let us know about yourself
Regular Kiter

Introduce Yourself

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi all,

lots of info but I thought I would post here to introduce myself. My name is Andrew, I am from Sydney, Australia and have lived in Shanghai for two years. I started kiting three years ago and did the IKO L4 certification in Boracay, Philippines. Before kiting I sailed and windsurfed, but now I am hooked kiting is my focus!

On the water I usually ride with a Wainman Boss 12m (black), F-one Bandit 5 11m (blue), or BWS Noise 8m (black).

My favourite spots around shanghai are golden beach and tanglu port, especially when there is a northerly. On the right day San Jia Gang is also alot of fun.

Most vacations I take a trip overseas and have kited in Zhunan (Taiwan), Boracay (Philippines), Mui Ne (Vietnam), Hua Hin (Thailand), Sydney (Australia), Kalpitya (Sri Lanka). If you want any tips on these drop me a PM.

Next destinations I would like to try out Pingtan, Qingdao, Hainan. In the winter I am always interested in getting to Boracay, even for a long weekend.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby yearningf » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Azalea here. got my IKO just last October in Naiyang, Phuket with KBA.

Im booked for Hua Hin this coming Chinese National Holiday and get my new gears.

I live in Xinzhuang(Minhang), moved here just last May but lived in Wuxi, Jiangsu since 2005.

I would love to join you guys on your next trip. I have a car and I am available weekends.

Cheers!

Azalea

Site Admin

Postby Damien » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Hello Azalea,

Welcome here!

Of course you are welcome for the next trip, we usually go to the spots listed on the spot section of the website. In autumn we usually got north wind like today and go on Gold Beach, It's awesome.

Now it's start getting cold, if you don't have a wetsuit maybe you can buy one or Andrew knows where to rent some for quite cheap.

Let's keep in touch and check up the forum regularly. when there is wind, we go.

Postby eli.mahal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi,
I am new here, just joined this forum and shanghai (this summer).
Came back from a week in mui ne and travelling to boracy during CNY.

By end of February i consider travelling to kingfisher http://www.kingfisherbeach.com/Kingfish ... rfing.html

anyone been there?

I also visit often Taiwan for business and would love to get some tips
Eli

Postby yearningf » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Eli,

Kingfisher is nice. I been there and took some lessons before.

FOr CNY ill be in Hua Hin, 3 weeks of sun winds and waves. temporarily leave this smog city.

Site Admin

Postby Damien » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello Eli,

Andrew and I (plus some other friends) will also go there for CNY.

I'm up to another trip, let's check kingfisher out, it is convenient to travel there ?

What about the spot yearningf ? some feedback ?

Cheers

Postby eli.mahal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 pm

waves in huahin, really?
please let me know how it was.

Kingfisher - i aim for the last week of February (from around the 25/2 for one week).
Getting to Kingfisher is via Manila and from there take Air Philippines, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific fly to Laoagand from there arrange pickup to kingfusher (approx 1.5-2hr)
If anyone is intreseted please let me know.

I also travel for business often to taiwan, if anyone has contact in there that can can assist me with renting equipment near Taipe, it would be appreicated

Postby Askin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:29 am

Hi All,

My name is Askin and have been in SHA since 4 years. I have just started kite surf in boracay during CNY and i can do waterstart after 10 hours lessons and i will definitely continue it. nice to see that i can find this community:)

Askin:)

Postby eli.mahal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:38 pm

I was in borcay aswell one week befor cny, wind was pumping daily all day.
It was great, i personally prefer waves, but none theless Boracay is defintely worth the travel
btw, outside of the reef you can find 1-2 feet wind waves

Postby Tobias » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Aloha!

My name is Tobias Andersson, from Sweden and live in shanghai.
After a few years trying kite I finally bought my own kit, Cabrina Switch blade 12. Still beginner... Now I'm looking for other kiters to join for sessions around shanghai or make weekend trips.
Xiamen, hainan, Taiwan, Thailand Vietnam, Philippine etc. I'm open for all.

Also, are you up for grabbing a beer or two in SH, can be fun catch up any time.

Cheers
Tobias

Next

Return to 自我介绍 - Introduce Yourself